This Sex Offender Awareness training can be delivered onsite to groups of up to fifteen attendees and is specifically designed for healthcare support staff providing care for individuals who have a history of offending. Staff who are assessing and reviewing risk are well placed to build communication with convicted sex offenders with a view to […]Info & Booking Enquiry
This Sex Offender Awareness training can be delivered onsite to groups of up to fifteen attendees and is specifically designed for healthcare support staff providing care for individuals who have a history of offending. Staff who are assessing and reviewing risk are well placed to build communication with convicted sex offenders with a view to safeguarding vulnerable children and adults. Providing facts about sexual abuse is one of the ways to raise awareness about sexual abuse. Awareness of the facts is one of several preventive measures that can be taken to assist you in making better decisions to keep you and others safe.
It is very important when communicating and engaging with convicted sex offenders that support workers remain safe from manipulation, misuse of power and controlling aspects. The support worker must remain professional and objective and strive for a balance between working with facts without prejudice and not overly empathising with the perpetrator.
Overall aims of the course:
To develop knowledge and understanding of:
- Registered Sex offenders UK Data Base
- The legal context of sexual offending in the UK
- Statutory systems used to manage sex offenders
- Psychology of perpetrators
- Female sex offenders
- Red flags/Warning signs/Common characteristics/Traits
Specific Learning Outcomes:
- Describe Registered Sex offenders UK Data Base
- Identify the legal context of sexual offending in the UK
- Explain statutory systems used to manage sex offenders
- Explain the psychology of perpetrators
- Explain female sex offenders characteristics
- Identify Red flags/Warning signs/Common characteristics/Traits
- Challenge the stereotypes relating to sex offenders
- Explain Myths & Facts
- Identify Support services
Key benefits of our onsite trainers:
- Every Tidal trainer has a professional teaching qualification and they are chosen for their specialist knowledge in different subjects.
- Most of our trainers are qualified RMN or RGN nurses, paramedics, ex military and emergency service personnel.
- All trainers bring their own equipment to use onsite.
- We will include your policies and procedures to bespoke the sessions for you.
- Trainers ensure that sessions are fun and fit for purpose including case studies.
This Sex Offenders Awareness course and all of the courses in our portfolio can be delivered onsite in most cities and surrounding areas in England, Wales and Scotland including:
Aberdeen | Bangor | Bath | Birmingham | Bradford | Brighton and Hove | Bristol | Cambridge | Canterbury | Cardiff | Carlisle | Chester | Chichester | Coventry | Derby | Dundee | Durham | Edinburgh | Ely | Exeter | Glasgow | Gloucester | Hereford | Inverness | Kingston upon Hull | Lancaster | Leeds | Leicester | Lichfield | Lincoln | Liverpool | City of London | Manchester | Newcastle upon Tyne | Newport | Norwich | Nottingham | Oxford | Perth | Peterborough | Plymouth | Portsmouth | Preston | Ripon | Salford | Salisbury | Sheffield | Southampton | Stirling | St Albans | St Davids | Stoke-on-Trent | Sunderland | Swansea | Truro | Wakefield | Wells | Westminster | Winchester | Wolverhampton | Worcester | York
Onsite Training Locations
Tidal Training provide onsite face to face healthcare training to large and small group organisations and across the United Kingdom. Our tutors will travel to your workplace or choice of venue and deliver training at a time and date which fits in with your organisations work commitments. If you require training outside of normal working hours we will be more than happy to support you.
Information & Pricing
Make an Enquiry
Use the form below to contact us today for more information on our courses and to get a free no obligation quote. We'll respond within 2 hours (usually sooner).
Prefer to Talk?
Talk to our team of experts for more info and pricing.
- Brighton and Hove
- Kingston upon Hull
- City of London
- Newcastle upon Tyne
- St Albans
- St Davids
- Wherever you are!