Loss and Bereavement training is designed to give health and social care staff a better understanding of Loss and bereavement. Working in health and social care is rewarding and we inevitably build relationships with those we come into contact with. Dealing with the loss of a loved one or service user can be traumatic […]Info & Booking Enquiry
Loss and Bereavement training is designed to give health and social care staff a better understanding of Loss and bereavement.
Working in health and social care is rewarding and we inevitably build relationships with those we come into contact with. Dealing with the loss of a loved one or service user can be traumatic and upsetting.
The course covers a wide range of topics including:
- Different reactions to loss
- The process of grief
- Listening skills
- Communication skills
- An overview of different cultures’ approach to grief. Participants will also have the opportunity to share personal experiences and concerns about working with bereaved people.
- On completion of the course participants will have acquired the skills and knowledge necessary to communicate confidently with the bereaved, ensuring that the highest level of service and care is delivered.
The objective of this course is:
- To enable carers to work effectively with the client, relatives and colleagues when dealing with loss and grief
- To improve standards of physical care given to terminally ill clients
- To identify the emotional and physical issues surrounding death and dying
- To recognise when support is needed for the family and friends of the dying service user
- To have the necessary skills to react appropriately
- To know what steps to take after death has occurred
Course Assessment and Certification
Assessment: Assessment is carried out by the trainer throughout the course.
Certification: On successful completion of the course students will receive a certificate of attendance.
This Loss and Bereavement training and all Medical and Clinical courses in our portfolio can be delivered onsite in most cities and surrounding areas in England, Wales and Scotland including:
Aberdeen, Bangor, Bath, Birmingham, Bradford, Brighton and Hove, Bristol, Cambridge, Canterbury, Cardiff, Carlisle, Chester, Chichester, Coventry, Derby, Dundee, Durham, Edinburgh, Ely, Exeter, Glasgow, Gloucester, Hereford, Inverness, Kingston upon Hull, Lancaster, Leeds, Leicester, Lichfield, Lincoln, Liverpool, City of London, Manchester, Newcastle upon Tyne, Newport, Norwich, Nottingham, Oxford, Perth, Peterborough, Plymouth, Portsmouth, Preston, Ripon, Salford, Salisbury, Sheffield, Southampton, St Albans, St Davids, Stirling, Stoke-on-Trent, Sunderland, Swansea, Truro, Wakefield, Wells, Westminster, Winchester, Wolverhampton, Worcester, York
Onsite Training Locations
Tidal Training provide onsite face to face healthcare training to large and small group organisations and across the United Kingdom. Our tutors will travel to your workplace or choice of venue and deliver training at a time and date which fits in with your organisations work commitments. If you require training outside of normal working hours we will be more than happy to support you.
Information & Pricing
Make an Enquiry
Use the form below to contact us today for more information on our courses and to get a free no obligation quote. We'll respond within 2 hours (usually sooner).
Prefer to Talk?
Talk to our team of experts for more info and pricing.
- Brighton and Hove
- Kingston upon Hull
- City of London
- Newcastle upon Tyne
- St Albans
- St Davids
- Wherever you are!